Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catchup Time! (Heinz only please)

Here's two weeks worth of fun for the taking...starting with today and working backwards:

Look another river trip! This time Caitin and I went on a woods ride and found a little beach near a set of rapids named the Devil's Toenail (in the background). We threw rocks for a bit and then made our way back up to the trail.


This was the hill we rode down to get to the beach. Good thing the trailer has good straps that hold Caitin in!


On Sunday we had a previous co-worker and his family over for dinner. They have twin daughters about two weeks older than Jamie.

I went on my first campout with the teachers and deacons of this ward. Our "service project" here was to gather slash piles and burn them!


I signed up for my very first mountain bike race on a beautiful evening here in Spokane. The race consisted of an 11-mile loop through the state park. I elected to do two loops, not knowing that only 9 others would join me in that venture. After lap 1 I felt like I could quit and be happy, but then I decided that I needed to get my money's worth, and plugged on. I was the very last to come in. The kegger and awards party were just breaking up, and I raced into the finish line in the dust of departing vehicles. I did come away with a snazzy pair of FOX socks!

Costco has these sweet new shopping carts that fit two more comfortably than our car. Couldn't help documenting the moment.

The week before my scout camp, we decided to go on our own campout with some friends. It was still a bit chilly here, so Sarah bundled Jamie up good. Ever camp with a 6-month old? Actually, she did very well!

And that does it! We're all caught up for the summer. Now we're off on an Independance Day adventure in eastern Idaho...

2 comments:

  1. hey we camped with Avi at 3 months I think. It was the Flaming Gorge trip. Great to see you are getting out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You topped us! Our one-nighter was nothing compared to Flaming Gorge.

    ReplyDelete