Alright, so I really REALLY love having church that begins at the proper time of 9:00 a.m. We came home from church this noon and after a quick lunch were able to take a nap. AWESOME!!! (I really must be careful about how much I rejoice in that, cause there's inevitably a calling out there that requires every Sunday afternoon...)
Anyway, after the nap I started baking the most amazing pie I have ever baked. Now I am admittedly not a pie lover...in fact I hated pie as a kid. Something about the dry nasty crust and never enough filling to compensate for it, always kept me at bay. Thus my goal when I make a pie is to have enough gooey filling that one need not fear the crust end of it. As it turned out, I took some notes yesterday from America's Test Kitchen for the filling and pie layout, and this beautiful Black & Blueberry pie was the result.
I don't brag about many things, but I'll tell you that this pie was tastilicious. (So much so, that Sarah ate a second helping!)
No comments:
Post a Comment