Friday, September 25, 2009

Birthday Chatter

Caitin's been anticipating her birthday now for more than a month. The excitement began to build when she went to a friend's birthday party earlier this summer. She has been pretending to wrap presents for about three weeks. She'll put some of her toys in a box and bring them to us so we can give them to her as presents. It has been the focus of almost every conversation she has for the past two weeks. Last night Aunt Tracy called and talked to Caitin, and here is a little snippet (with liberty, cause we were laughing too much to hear all of Tracy's words):

T: "Happy Birthday!"
C: "Thanks"
T: "Did you have a good birthday?"
C: "Yes, we went out for dinner. We went to Red Robin! I'm going to have a party. We'd like to invite you to my party on Saturday. Will you come to my party?"
T: "It's a long ways...I can't..."
C: "I'm sure you can make it. I'm sure you can make it to my party."
T: "Maybe you could come to my house. Why don't you ask your parents if you can come to my house and visit?"
C: "Yeah, but it would be a looooong drive in the car!"

Thanks for calling Tracy!

After the phone call, Caitin told us we need to drive to Aunt Tracy's house to give her an invitation. Well, better get moving...

1 comment:

  1. You've got to love that she is so excited! What will Christmas bring this year? I don't believe sleeping in will be on the agenda.=)

    ReplyDelete