After the cats had thrown-up hairballs and the carpet needed cleaning anyway, Brandon and I decided to pull the carpet right before he left for camping. I mean like 30 minutes before he left. It was going to give me something to do while he was gone. Oh it gave me something to do all right! A whole week's worth.
This is how we were living for the week. Imagine plastic all around the walls too, separating the eating area from the living room. It felt so cramped! We were living in a plastic tent, surrounded by dust everywhere.
This is what our floors look like now. I LOVE them! So shiny and slick. We did four rounds of sanding and lots of vaccuming. We then finished with three coats of oil-based polyurethane. Luckily it was fast drying because we couldn't stay out of our one bathroom for three days.
This is the hallway into the bedrooms.
And this is our new living room, except for the fact that the couch usually doesn't go there. It is parallel to the piano to create a walk-way and faces the fireplace and tv.
This was supposed to be my project but the fact that we had to live in a construction zone warranted Brandon's help to get it done fast. I still did a lot but can't claim it as my own. I am pleased with the outcome and am excited, yet not, to go find an area rug. We still need to put down quarter-round and re-paint the baseboards but I can live without those things for a while.
Beautiful!!!!
ReplyDelete