Last night at the dinner table Caitin was neglecting her vegetables...as usual. In fun I tried something new.
"Caitin, if you don't eat your corn, do you know what Dad is going to do?"
She turned and looked me in the eye.
"If you don't eat your corn, I'll cut off your leg!"
She glanced at Mom, and then back at my over-dramatic grimace, and then with a worried face whimpered, "No...Dad that would hurt!"
Surprised she bought it, I replied, "Then you better eat your corn!"
Immediately Mom began consoling and explaining that Dad would never do such a thing, but guess what...she ate her corn.
A few minutes later when Jamie crawled through the dinner mess she had made on the floor, I picked her up and told her I'd have to cut off her fingers. Caitin immediately began to defend her little sister by telling Mom on me.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome!!! We have used many a "mean" tactics to get kids to obey! It is amazing how easy ( and quickly) it works!!!
ReplyDeleteAs a side note, sharpening the knife while hovering over her works well also!
ReplyDeleteHee Hee. Dads are so creative that way. I found your blog through Emily's and had to take a peek to see a familiar face. Your family is adorable!
ReplyDelete