Friday, April 10, 2009

Lovely Spring Weather

This past week has been beautiful in Spokane. We have been loving the sunshine and warmer weather. Caitin and I broke out on the first trailer & mtn bike ride this week...only about 1 mile total, but still nice to get out. We made it down to the river one day to check out the rock-throwing conditions, and Sarah was also able to get out on a run to meet us there.

I put the commuter bike to work one day as a test run with the newly fixed rear cog. It's a strange and rather exciting feeling to ride something different than I've ever ridden before. The fixed cog causes the bike to REQUIRE pedaling 100% of the time. Try to coast and it kicks your legs on around. Try to stop pedaling and be ready for a bucking experience. Throughout the ride I had to concentrate on NOT pausing.

The bike rollers are progressing slowly. I've come up with a lathe and have turned the first bushing to press into the drum. I'm working out some kinks in the manufacturing process, but I expect I'll be able to kick out some finished parts and begin assembly soon.

At work, the construction season has begun, and we are on the receiving end of it at home. The street we live on is closed and is being torn up even as I type. We love the reduced traffic, particularly in the evenings! Now we've gotta figure out how to keep that road closed permanantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment