Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Possessive

Jamie is developing into her own person, and in so doing is becoming attached to the darndest things.  Take meal times for example:

As a waste-not, want-not family we try (albeit often unsuccessfully) not to throw much food away.  Nearing the end of a meal it has become semi-common practise for Mom or Dad to reach across the table to a child's plate and snatch a morsel that would otherwise not be eaten. 

Within the past couple of weeks we've had to be more sneaky about this, because Jamie now reacts unfavorably.  In fact, the first time she reacted so, it took us several minutes before we discovered why she was mad.  Through pouring tears and her timid accusations we finaly realized she felt victimized!  The real problem came when she demanded return of the stolen item!

1 comment:

  1. I got a good laugh at that one... I have to admit that I just wait till they leave the table and then finish off their plate. :)

    ReplyDelete