All the right fixin's...Heinz, Miracle Whip, Bacon, the slightest twinge of mustard, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, toasted buns (done on the grill), and 1/2 # of hamburger seasoned the creole way...The only thing that could have made this better would have been to use home-grown tomatoes (you know, the kind that actually have flavor).
I mean seriously...look at that thing! Who could resist such a delightful meal?
It was so good even, that after we began eating, Jamie came around and climbed up on my lap. She reached out and grabbed my burger and just started cramming it in her mouth! She took several bites, sampling each flavor section. I had to fight for my own bites, and you can see how big it was...

To top that off, Sarah had surprised me by cooking a cake I had been drooling over in a magazine for months...an eight layer yellow cake with the creamiest, chocolatiest, richest icing between each layer. This icing (much to wonderful to be referred to simply as frosting) makes my mouth very happy!

When I was a little kid, I could not stand frosting on cakes. Just give me the dry cake and some ice cream to give it some additional flavor...I still don't like a lot of frostings, but when it is like this, pile it on!

I can't believe that cake. You have an awesome wife to make an 8 layer cake for you. Or should I call it an eight layered icing?
ReplyDeleteYes, yes...I do have an awesome wife! I will eventually forgive her for throwing the last piece of the cake away...
ReplyDelete