We spent one afternoon hiking in Arches, and had a great time. We opted for the shorter hikes (again a sanity choice), visiting Double Arch and Sand Dune Arch. Having only driven by Double Arch, I was really impressed by how big and beautiful it was. Somehow I had always figured that the longer the hike, the better the reward...not so! Caitin and Sarah and I climbed up into the second arch and Caitin scared us a bit with how un-afraid of heights she was.
While we hiked ahead, Grandma latched onto some Mater-time. Jamie had been really stand-offish to Grandma, so this was a perfect time for them to spend time together just hiking at Jamie's pace. Grandma snapped one of my favorite pictures from the trip during that hike.
They made it nearly all the way to the arch by the time we were headed back down.
No comments:
Post a Comment