It's been a while since I've been to the home where I grew up. This trip was particularly fun to take my kids to the ranch.
To hang out with Grandpa...









and to spend time with Grandma...

and to meet Grandma's kitties.
The trip was great, and although we were certainly ready to get home in the end, we all had a wonderful time! We flew into Salt Lake City, and then drove down to beautiful southeast Utah. I grew up in La Sal, and I had several things I wanted to do and have my girls experience. We experienced optimal March weather conditions...sun and 60-70 degree days. We shopped Moab's downtown, hiked Arches National Park, hunted prarie dogs, explored abondoned mines, rode the 4-wheeler, did some jeeping, and I even got in a little snowmobiling with my dad. We got to see many of our Utah relatives (thanks to my little brother getting married), and we also saw some great friends and past roommates.
There was definately too much fun to document in one post, but here are a few highlights (more detail to come)...
Before driving to La Sal, we visited the Open House for the Draper Temple.
A peaceful moment on the road.
Snack time in the Moab sun.
A little John Deere time for Caitin with uncle Jeff and cousin Madison
Everyone had to earn their keep on the ranch...even Caitin and Madison
What would a vacation be without throwing rocks in water?
The red sand of Arches was a hit for Caitin, but Jamie thought it felt dirty.
Picnic time with Grandma and Grandpa Blankenagel.
Before heading back north I went out with Dad on the snowmobiles. What a beautiful morning... our "10-minute ride" turned into an hour.
Back up north, Caitin and Jamie dressed well for uncle Jason's wedding.
On an unexpected free day, we took the girls to Thanksgiving Point, and Caitin enjoyed two pony rides!
Hey! It was so good to see you while you were in town! It seems just like yesterday when we were hangin' out and having our late night visits about life. Crazy huh? Who knew 10 years later we would have kids and be living a real life?
ReplyDeleteGood ol' La Sal! It was fun to see your old stomping grounds again. I'm glad you got to do so much in such a short time. It sounds like you were plenty busy.
ReplyDeleteDid you get to feed cows? No better prom date than feeding cows in La Sal. It's always so fun to go home.
ReplyDelete