Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 Projects

We here in the Spokenagel home thrive on doing projects.  We are often sad to report "same 'ol, same 'ol" when talking to parents/friends/neighbors.  We like to talk about the projects we are working on or planning to work on or saving our money to work on.  We like to accomplish things.  So in accordance with this tradition, here is our first quarter 2010 project list.  (Changes immenent!)

Project #1
To begin with, we have another Ralph-inspired item.  The inspiration for this Barbie (TM) house dates back to Sarah's childhood.  In fact, she insisted that my improper vision be corrected...as shown here:
I still hold to new ideas (at Sarah's behest) however, and will place the stairs functionally as Ralph has done on his more recent creations.  I also maintain the right to add my own innovations.  See the accessory drawers shown here:
I mocked it up for Caitin and pointed out where each room was.  She latched on quickly, excitedly saying, "Dad!  We will have to buy furniture for the family room and beds for the bedrooms and a table for the kitchen!"

Project #2
Budget for Barbie (TM) house furnishings.

Project #3
Behold!  Preliminary drawings for Halloween 2010.  (As envisioned while showering before church this morning.)  Drawing is self explanitory, but for those who are not aclimated to reading schematics...imagine a functional pony hind quarters that straps on like a backpack.  Created using spare bicycle parts, an old backpack, paper machet, a recycled mop, and balsa wood-framing, this lightweight derier will walk with the child who wears it (child not included). 

4 comments:

  1. you know you're going to have to make two of those horse costumes, right???? better get busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is exactly why I'm starting in February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you realize she meant you'll be making one for me, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhhhmmm...yeah. Of course, Ryan. *looking around* Uhm I'm going to need a longer cable.

    ReplyDelete