Holiday Challenge
Yesterday I signed up for a challenge that I will be pressed to meet: Lose 10 pounds by Christmas. My starting weight is 179. So my target weight is 169 (I know...had to break out the calculator for that one.)
There are a couple of reasons this will be challenging:
- It's the holidays.
- I haven't had eggnog yet this year.
- I am not as die-hard a cyclist as I envisioned prior to the snowfall.
- The last time I weighed less than 170 was in 1999.
Fortunately I Have a Plan:
My simplified plan
Eat less.
My detailed plan
Smaller portions. Try to exercise.
That should do it. My saving grace will be replacing my cycling effort with a decent snow shoveling regimen. 3 hours last night. 1 1/2 hours this morning. I'm well on my way.
Anyone else want to join me in this challenge?
I'm in! I bet I can loose 20 lbs by Christmas!!! :P
ReplyDeleteBritt, we'll ignore your slightly unfair advantage. You've earned it. :)
ReplyDeletelose 10 by the end of 2010...i want to join!!! great family picture by the way! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Holden Family must earn it by member...2 1/2 lbs each won't cut it.
ReplyDeletei have my own regimen, and i'm sticking to it; but you guys be sure to have fun! i'll be sure to encourage you, though.
ReplyDeletemy regimen (b/c i was serious when i said i have one) includes swimming, lifting, spinning, and running. lately it has also included shoveling snow, too. there was some sledding in there, too.
ReplyDeleteI am all for it! Just joined the local gym on monday and am loving it! I'm in! And the picture is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteRyan, show-off! j/k...good job. I wish I was so dedicated. I actually thought that sledding picture was someone else. Looking good!
ReplyDeleteSara, welcome to the challenge! I'm considering pulling together a few prizes for people who complete the challenge, so keep on it!
Ryan, you may still be eligible for prizes if you've got anything left to lose. :P
sigh. I really should. I swore off sugar on Monday...and so far so good. The question is whether I can hold out until Christmas (my goal, kinda) I am hosting a cookie exchange next week so that'll make it kind of hard....ramble ramble. Good for you. How about a cycle challenge or run challenge....
ReplyDeleteRealistically...there's no way I'm holding out until Christmas on all the holiday treats. I'll really have to get some exercise in.
ReplyDeleteMel, an exercise challenge would certainly help me meet the weight-loss challenge. What have you got in mind? What would you say to a marathon-worth (26.2 miles) of running before Christmas? Or perhaps 50 miles on the bike?
I'm in!!! I'm already down about 15 since the middle of Oct. I still haven't had a piece of Halloween candy, so you can avoid most of the good stuff. I really want to be down another 10 by Christmas. When can I count from? If I start from Dec 1st I'm already down 3 from there (it's been a crazy week!!) Good luck and I'm excited to see how it goes for everyone.
ReplyDeleteFor claification: The Holden Family CEO, ie. Erin, will join....and if the kids keep being bratty, they will be joining too. ;)
ReplyDeleteQuestion - would I be eligible for a prize...? :) Juuuuust kidding! This is a great goal bro - way to go and good luck!
ReplyDelete