Monday, December 13, 2010

Weigh-In Day #2

As it turns out (and fortunately so) Fatty has postponed today's weigh-in until tomorrow.  But I still feel the need to check in and report here.  This past week I put in a lot of effort to reduce my portions, forego treats and basically starve myself.  (Just ask Sarah, I made plenty of noise about it!)  And I exercised almost every day.

BUT...but, I could not bring myself to walk away from a few certain treats.  Generally the week went pretty well, but on Saturday, Sarah was baking sugar cookies.  Sarah makes the most amazing sugar cookies.  Soft and moist with a perfect mild flavor.  Add sugar sprinkles or frosting or frost and sprinkle, and you've got a real treat.  I really felt great about only eating 3 cookies.  HOWEVER, I probably ate 3 cookies worth of dough as I helped roll them out!  And all of this happened BEFORE we took those cookies to a Christmas party where everyone else brought cookies to share.  I do take pride in stating that I ate only 2 cookies there.  You know...self control.

Despite all the effort I put into the week, I'm down only 1/2 pound, weighing in at 173.5 today.  4.5 pounds to go in the next 11 days.

On the good news end of things, the snow has melted enough for me to ride my bike to work again...should help a little.

5 comments:

  1. Aweful silent this week. Hope it's just because everyone is busy!
    My official weigh-in for Fatcyclist was 172 today...only 3 pounds to go! 10 days to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright here it is! I'm officially claiming (and hoping it doesn't increase any more...) 191 lbs as my peak pregnancy weight. Oh I feel sooooo weird putting it in written words. I'll check in next week with my weight loss results!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, alright! Way to go!

    Today's battle will be the work Christmas potluck.

    BTW, I'm thinking that some Spokandy butter-mints might be in order for everyone that makes it.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check in next week, my weight has been so fluctuated with all the stuff I have had this week, luckily next week is going to be so simple.

    ReplyDelete