Friday, December 24, 2010

Final Weigh-In

The Results
The competition is at its end!  Thank goodness.  A co-worker asked me how I felt at the end of losing 10 pounds.  "Hungry." was my reply. 
"Do you feel energetic and full of life?" 
"No.  I feel hungry."

Fortunately, I do not have a scale here at home.  Because since the completion of my goal, I'm sure I've doubled back.  In fact, last night we hosted a pie night with our neighbors, and fully took care of two pies.  I have sampled gorged myself on everything I'd been saving up while on the diet.  There is even a carton of eggnog in my fridge.  I'm so very glad I'm not stuck to that diet THROUGH Christmas!

The Take-Home
  • The accomplishment for me meant dropping into a weight bracket that I've not previously seen in over 10 years. 
  • I have a new-found respect for hunger. 
  • The workout regimen required for this will be a great segway into my next goal:  Windermere Marathon 2011.  Last year I began training for that marathon at a weight of 193.  This year I begin at 169.  Somehow, I think that's gonna make a difference.
Your Results
Anywho...if you took the 10-pound challenge, post your results here, and I'll make a trip to Spokandy next week.  Cause you've earned it!

4 comments:

  1. (I had this on your previous post but decided to move it to this one :) I've been resisting reporting because every time I weigh myself it keeps getting lower but the time has come. As of the 23 I was a solid 174 - that's 17 lbs lost and only 7 of it was baby so I made it! Yay me! and Yay for babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a very stressful 2 weeks, I have lost at least 10 lbs, but it was lose 2 then gain 2 and so forth. I am sitting at my original weight, so at least I haven't gained, yipee! Check back with me in another month and see how thing are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made it to the goal, but i am afraid it was short lived. i haven't been on the scale since i have returned home (don't really want to know the damage at this point), but i am sure the scales have tipped back. the silver lining is that the quest continues and a healthier life is the goal....just not going to take the same route as i did for this 10 lbs. it was brutal being that hungry. a "new-found respect for hunger" is exactly what i have gained. :) no candy please, the games enter the next round for the holden's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    Way to go! I rebounded nicely, and am back to my sustainable 175. There's no way I'd be there had I not taken the challenge, though.
    Good luck on your continuance!

    ReplyDelete