Some people have most likely taken notice that we have not posted pictures for a while now. With the exception of the required holiday shots (Halloween Costumes and with Santa) we have posted very little "content of value". That's because I am lame.
You see, we splurged a little in November and bought ourselves a new toy: a camcorder. We recorded a few gigs worth of footage, and then plugged that camera into our computer. The footage took up no less than 80% of the free space on our computer's hard drive. Once it was all loaded onto the computer, I opened up the editor program with great anticipation of posting little clips to the blogosphere. That's when the monitor all but exploded and left me staring into dark glass. Yes, glass. You see, although my computer is ONLY 7 years old, my monitor is definitely older (although how much older I don't know) and is of the CRT persuasion. I suspect my video card is unable to keep up with the hi-def footage. I'm looking into upgrading. A geek at the local Best Buy told me that I must buy a less-than-popular (and thus not sold at Best Buy) video card that can plug into my out-dated computer box. My computer is inadequate, and thus...I am lame.
Despite these inadequacies, I HAVE been taking a few of those old-fashioned still pictures, so I am not totally excused from not sharing them. Look forward to a mass explosion of holiday photos soon. You know...Christmas in mid-January...cause I'm lame.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment