Saturday, April 23, 2011

Closet Doors...Finally!

Due to some minor changes while constructing my very first closet, I had the wonderful opportunity of adjusting both height and width of every door.  AND since I decided that I would build the ultimate dooring system: quad-fold doors, that meant adjustment and additional modification of 4 doors for each side of the closet.  That's 8 doors...for one closet. 

That number struck such fear in my heart that I've largely put off the task.  But I'm married to Sarah.  Who is persistent.  And persuasive.  And persistent...so...eventually the time came for me to measure up to the task.

After flubbing through the first set of doors and then doing the work over again, I figured out a system, and the second set only took half the time.  That pretty much sums up most of my construction projects.

Here's the result:




After about 30 minutes spent fine-tuning the doors to match up and hang just right, Sarah said, "Alright, take those down so I can paint them." 
"I have to take them down?!"
"Well, yeah!"
...
"Great.", I mumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment