But last night as I said my prayers, and began to think about praying for the return of my bike or that the thief would receive due justice; I just couldn't do it. Instead I realized that someone needed my bike more than I did. It doesn't make me miss it any less, but perhaps my bike will somehow put dinner on the table for a couple of littluns that otherwise... or maybe some fella can now get to work confidently (and dry might I add)... who knows. For them I ended up praying.
Equally likely is that some punk kid now has a sweet ride. I hope he enjoys it, cuase that makes it more likely that I'll catch that feller out on the trail. Heaven have mercy!
I'll admit, I was a little confused thinking that my dear sweet nephew was going to the dark side. I get it now. Man. That sucks! People are dumb. But not you. You'll get another one soon, and it will be even better! You're a good man - so let 'em ride!
ReplyDeletebummer - there is a dark corner in hell reserved for bicycle thiefs. I always hope for a major mechanical that might send them to the dentist for some reconstruction work.
ReplyDeleteby the way, don't watch the film called bicycle thief. it has very little to do with bicycles and is totally not worth the inflicted depression.
Thanks for the advice, Jon.
ReplyDeleteI'm regrouping...collecting tools, shopping for the next ride, replacing spare parts, shopping for the next ride, replacing accessories, shopping for the next ride, etc. Perhaps a 29er this time...
When I find that feller, I'll look forward to asking him what those trailer hitch mounts are...
ReplyDelete