Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weather 1; Brandon 2; Thievery 1

I'm going to become a thief. It's not going to be easy, though. Every time I take something I will remember what and where. I won't go out of my way to steal because I don't want to be a suspicious person. I'll just take things that present themselves within my own neighborhood. If someone leaves their garage open I'll go grab the closest thing to the door and then pretend it is mine while I complete my walk. If it's a bike, I hope it's my size so I don't look very funny riding away.

Wait...what would I do with the loot? Craigslist is out. Ebay is a little safer, but it would be best to find a black market outlet. I'll worry about that later...

Maybe I'll specialize in bikes, cause they are easy to grab and they actually provide the getaway. Besides, most people don't use their bikes very often, so I'd have ages of time before anyone is on my trail! The winter time will be prime for this, even though it will not be very often that garages are left open. I'll have to avoid two things: attached garages and daily bike commuter homes (those guys are livewires).

Houses with privacy fences will lend themselves handily. Can't see in...can't see out.

Because I'm going to be such a smart thief, I'll only grab normal-looking bikes. I would never grab a bike that had very unique characteristics - like fenders that are gaudy and fat like a motorcycle or lights that would suggest that the bike is used as a commuter. I want to appear normal when I'm riding away. That being said, I'll never grab a Walmart bike. This kind of risk cannot be wasted on garbage. No brand name equals no deal. Craigslist is too saturated with those bike anyway...wait Craigslist won't work. Too easy to be caught.

After I have my newly acquired bike I will never ride it. Too risky. Always a possibility that the owner would see me. I'll have to stash it at a friend's house...make up some story about how I need to keep it there until I've got room for my new bike (that I got for Christmas or something) at my own house. I'm really going to have to figure out a buyout option on this thing 'cause it is hot.

I've got it! I'll just claim that I bought it on craigslist and that the guy I bought it from seemed kinda sketchy, but I felt alright about it...you know, the innocence card! I'll be such a great liar!

This life of crime is going to be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment