Prior to the official campout, the Deacons had their own campout at the same location in order to have a chance at sleeping IN the cabin and build igloos the next day. I went up to help build the igloos. We used an Ice Box igloo making mold, and these pictures show the final steps.

This igloo took about three hours to build.

When we went up 2 weeks later, here was the view. We were all glad to see them still standing.

After the boys successfully slept in it, we tested the integrity of the igloo. It was solid.
Lest we forget, the best part of the campout was the food, cause I cooked it. That's not true. I had some help. I cooked for 18 people using 4 dutch ovens. 1 pot of babyback ribs, 1 pot of bbq chicken, 1 perfect cornbread, and a huge pot (16-inch) of jambalaya. It came out just right, and there were very few leftovers. Sorry, no pics...it went so quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment