Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Passion

I'm not sure if EVERY family with little girls is prone to this, but we are entirely over-run with figurines and imaginative moments based around Ponies.  Lots of Ponies.  More Ponies than I've ever desired...actually...uhmmm...that's not a strong descriptor.  For Christmas the girls received a castle for Little People, and it is often the site of Ponie parties and dances and a refuge from "bad Ponies".

Jamie likes to line the Ponies up at attention.  She is often singing the "My Little Pony" theme song while she works.  Here's a sample of our growing collection:
Caitin took these pictures in a recent Ponie photo-shoot.  Here's Star-Song...of the natural flying variety.  (As it turns out, wings are not required for flight.)
Here's my favorite...Choco.  I named him. (except Caitin say's he's a her)

The girls often pretend they are specific ponies.  Some of our tantric moments occur during these pretend sessions:
"Caitin, it's time for dinner", calls Sarah.
"NOOOO!  I'm not Caitin!  I'm Rainbow-Dash!", comes Caitin's impatient reminder - the fifth in 10 minutes.
Rolling eyes and with an audible "Ugh", Sarah complies sweetly, "Rainbow-Dash, it's time for dinner!"

We. Love. Ponies.

4 comments:

  1. Ryan will only come to dinner if I call him "Sparkeley Racer Pony"....I tried to convince him that "Mustang Pony" would be better, but he wouldn't have it. When he's in the zone, he's in the zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My. Good luck with teenage years!

    The other day Kaden was calling out "mama" for the 6 hundredth time and as I casually said "yes baby" he looked at me funny and said "I not baby, I TADEN" So even I can't get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Holden Family puts it all on the line! Ryan is welcome to come pretend at our house any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, please!!! When has it ever been hard to get me to come to dinner?!? Like I need a nickname. Although, I do love sparkles.

    ReplyDelete