Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That's How Ya Do It (La Sal Trip Post #4)

Monday of last week we all headed to Moab to do a bit of jeeping.  With 3 rental jeeps, 1 battered jeep, 2 trucks and a Rhino we were prepared for everything!  Klondike Bluffs was the target of the day.  We were on a hunt for dinosaur footprints!  For the first 20 minutes of the ride, Caitin was worried that real live dinosaurs were going to be out there waiting for us.  (She had been forewarned by her cousin that if dinosaurs went to heaven they would eat Jesus).
I love doing things like this:
Notice the presence of Caitin and Jamie in the Jeep, but no Sarah...scardy cat!
Pretty soon we came upon the dino tracks.  I believe those are Stegosaurus.
Sarah stayed in the jeep for the next gap crossing...but mine wasn't as spectacular as when Jeff crossed it.  Please forgive my giddy laughter.  I can't help myself when mechanics and physics come together with such poise. 
Against all odds, we had no mechanicals or accidents.  I don't even think we left any parts out there on the trail!  In our book, that's beyond spectacular. 
Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment: